Forum’s annual conference (IVCO) brings together leaders of international volunteering agencies from around the globe in a unique dialogue focusing on the challenges and opportunities currently facing international development volunteering – longstanding, and newly emerging. IVCO allows Forum members to learn, exchange ideas and practice innovation, build supportive peer networks, and participate in shaping sectorial policy and advocacy initiatives.
In my role as Executive Director of WUSC and Forum Board member, I have found the annual IVCO conference to be the key event, a ‘must do’ in the diary.
IVCO provides an opportunity for thought leaders in volunteering for development to come together, work together, and most importantly, reflect upon and continuously improve our work and reach in volunteering for development.
Chair, Forum Board
Executive Director, WUSC
Click the links below to view the key topics presented at past IVCO conferences.
- IVCO 2017: Implementation of the SDGs through a transformative partnership in volunteering
- IVCO 2016: Increasing resilience of communities through volunteering
- IVCO 2015: Making it Happen: Volunteering for the SDGs – New goals, models and tools
- IVCO 2014: Volunteering in a Convergent World: Fostering Cross-Sector Collaborations Towards Sustainable Development Solutions
- IVCO 2013: PEOPLE to PEOPLE: Volunteering as a catalyst for post-2015 development policy and practice:
- IVCO 2012: Rethinking International Volunteering and Co-operation
- IVCO 2011: Valuing Volunteering
- IVCO 2010: Innovation and Challenges in. International Volunteerism and Development. – an Asian Perspective”
- IVCO 2009: Volunteers as catalysts for social engagement