Forum’s approach to research as follows:
Extract from Forum Strategic Plan 2010-12
“Building a credible body of Knowledge through Research”
At the present time:
- A discussion paper series established to create meaningful discussion and insight into a particular area or issue relevant to the next annual conference.
- Creating research that will be meaningful in informing the thinking and practice of international volunteer cooperative organisations and informing the wider discourse on volunteering.
- Supporting members’ involvement in research activities, e.g. UNV research projects.
- Coordinating activities through the Forum Research Working Group.
- A small research fund.
Our approach for research is as follows:
- Defining a set of research protocols to which all research aligns to ensure the standard of research is high.
- Leading and collaborating on key areas of research related to international volunteering and co-operation.
- Research partnerships.
- Building up our own research fund.
- Facilitating member involvement in research projects.
- Recognising and incorporating partner organisations’ perspectives into research activities.”
This paper attempts to address the issues of protocols and related issues of how we work.